Internship Ahold Delhaize Tax
Internship Ahold Delhaize Tax
Location:At the head quarter of Ahold, Zaandam
Duration: 4-6 months
Ahold Delhaize, an extraordinary company
Ahold Delhaize is one of the world’s largest food retail groups and a leader in both supermarkets and ecommerce. Its family of 22 strong, local brands serves more than 50 million customers each week in 11 countries. Together, these brands employ more than 375,000 associates in 6,500 grocery and specialty stores and include the top online retailer in the Benelux and the leading online grocers in the Benelux and the United States. Ahold Delhaize brands are at the forefront of sustainable retailing, sourcing responsibly, supporting local communities and helping customers make healthier choices. Headquartered in Zaandam, the Netherlands, Ahold Delhaize shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam and Brussels and its American Depositary Receipts on the over-the-counter market in the U.S., quoted on the OTCQX International marketplace. For more information, please visit www.aholddelhaize.com.
The tax department is responsible for almost all tax matters within the whole Ahold Group. We support the businesses in both Europe and USA and have tax experts situated in Zaandam, Carlisle and Quincy. The SVP and Head of Tax reports to the CFO of Royal Ahold.
We are responsible for tax accounting and tax compliance. We provide tax advice in the field of direct tax (corporate income tax and payroll tax) and indirect tax (in Europe mainly VAT, customs and excise duty and in US sales tax, use tax and property tax). We support business and M&A projects to mitigate tax risks and to ensure efficient tax structuring where possible. In order to get better tax laws and less red tape we promote and defend the interest of Ahold and of retail business in general in the field of taxation at the level of policy makers at the Ministries of Finance, the national tax authorities and the European Commission.
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic intern who is willing and able to work on several projects for the tax department.
Key Result Areas:
- Assistance in projects and daily business.
- Research on specific topics relevant to our business.
- Coordinate set up of Tax Intranet Page and manage the content of it.
- Final year of Master Fiscale Economie or Fiscaal Recht
- Registered within a dutch university
- Outstanding analytical capabilities
- Good Excel and PowerPoint skills, Google Documents and Sites is a plus
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Highly flexible, able to take the initiative and work independently.
- Challenging internship for a period of four to six months
- Introduction in an international organization
- Tax knowledge in the retail industry
- Paid internship (€500 / 4 weeks) and travel expenses.
Please upload your resume, including grade transcripts of your university, and cover letter, including your motivation in Dutch or English.