At 3D Hubs (like AirBnB for 3D printers) we are doing something that has never been done before; decentralising manufacturing by connecting people who want to 3D print to the people owning the machines. Today, 3D Hubs provides over 1 billion people access to a 3D printer within 10 miles of their home, that's almost 15% of the world population.
As developer in the 3D Hubs team you work on the core engine behind our platform. You will be responsible for building new features, creating tests and improving performance for the overall platform. You'll work in multidisciplinary teams on projects which directly impact the company's growth. Within these projects you'll have the freedom to set your own priorities closely together with the project-team.
You have extensive experience with PHP, MySQL, HTML 5 and feel comfortable on the command line. Experience with Drupal is preferred but being open and willing to learn is more important. As web technologies are constantly changing our team's attitude is about creating and sharing knowledge. We are currently facing the challenge of migrating a monolithic system to a more distributed approach where each service is free to use the most relevant technologies for the job.
Are you up for this challenge? Read on!
OUR TECHNOLOGY STACK
- PHP (Drupal 7 + Composer packages)
- Python (Background workers)
- Coffeescript & Angular
- Logstash & Kibana
- AWS EC2, S3, RDS etc
- Your favourite technology?
- Get excited by shipping your solutions and getting them validated by users asap
- Are eager to teach your colleagues and share knowledge inside and outside the team
- Like to choose the right tool for the right job
- Have experience in test automation
- Enjoy a vibrant, creative and ever changing environment
- Free 3D printing, anytime, at our office
- Real impact on our technical roadmap
- Work in a lean, fast-paced, start-up environment housed together with 40+ start-ups in a historic Canal House in Amsterdam
- Network games currently trending: Red Alert & Unreal Tournament
- Work together with a rapidly expanding, international, young team of 35 people and 12+ nationalities
- Get time to work on your own projects at our Pizza Nights
- Free lunch, Italian quality coffee and awesome Friday drinks
Please write a short note of motivation when applying. Click here to apply!